Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Looking for a project

So to speak.

As I sit and watch the AWS emails come in about this new thing and that, I find myself trying to think of a "project" of sorts to really have more fun with the latest AWS offerings. Nothing is really coming to mind.

I'm not trying to create the next Twitter or anything. I just want to keep abreast of the latest technology. One thing I can say about RBX was that we were willing to "try" things if it made sense. I had an immensely fun time working on the Elf Island proposal to use EC2 and S3. Amazon has done a lot in the past year to address my biggest concerns with things. The addition of the management console is just awesome and makes me want to poke at it a bit more.

It's possible that I might move my various family galleries over to S3 backed storage. I'm looking at doing some WoW related stuff as well.

Who knows.

Maybe I'll go ahead and do that hosted Nagios thing I've been wanting to do for so long.

No comments: