Thursday, April 3, 2008

Bob Barr

So on the way home, if I want to get ANY worthwhile traffic reports, I'm forced to sit through Sean Hannity. This is usually a recipe for increased blood pressure.

However, today he had Bob Barr on. As you may or may not know, Bob Barr is strongly considering running on the Libertarian ticket. You may or may not know that *I* am a registered Libertarian.

Sean kept wanting to harp on the fact that Barr would be "splitting the vote" for the Republican party and baiting him about how he would feel about that.

I really wanted to call in but for some reason the number wasn't given out on the the air so I'm just going to vent here.

For some reason, Sean Hannity assumes that anyone who is "conservative" automatically should be voting for the Republican candidate no matter how distasteful they find that candidate or that those votes would have automatically been Republican votes had there not been a third party running.

What kind of logic is this? Oh wait, it's RIAA logic. It's BSA logic.

I'm going to provide a little insight for you. Just because I vote for Bob Barr or the Libertarian candidate does NOT mean I would have voted for the Republican candidate. I might have voted for the Green candidate. I might have voted for any other party just as equally as I would have voted for the Libertarian candidate. I am NOT a Republican. I'm not a conservative. I'm not a liberal. I'm a citizen of the United States of America who has his own conscience and heart to follow in deciding who *I* think would be the best leader for this country. I don't think that person is John McCain. I don't think that person is Hillary Clinton OR Barack Obama. In fact, I thought that person was Ron Paul.

Sure I'll be dismissed as a fringe minority and some sort of political funny math will somehow figure out in the end that it is entirely my fault and the people like me caused a "liberal" to get elected.

No comments: